Submit your DAA nomination
Do you know a UM graduate who has achieved outstanding accomplishments in their professional and personal lives? Nominate them for a Distinguished Alumni Award.
For more information, please contact Roslyn Dally by email at Roslyn.Dally@umanitoba.ca
Gathering nomination requirements
Submitting your nomination requires the following:
About your nominee
- Contact information for your nominee, including their name, address, email, phone number.
- Your nominee's University of Manitoba degree(s), diploma(s), and certificate(s).
- Your nominee's degree(s) obtained at other universities.
- Acknowledgement from your nominee that you intend to nominate them.
- Your contact information, including your name, address, email, and phone number.
- Your relationship to the nominee.
References and biography
- Contact information for two references for your nominee, including their name, email, phone number, and relationship to the nominee.
- Two letters of reference for your nominee from two separate individuals. These references should be uploaded in .docx or .pdf format.
- A brief biography that captures the most vital information of their nomination (maximum 200 words). Please write this before beginning your submission, and save it to a file that you can use to copy and paste it into the form.
Please prepare a write-up not exceeding 600 words for each category you intend to nominate someone:
- Lifetime Achievement: Please describe the nominee’s exceptional achievements in their field, including how they have served the University of Manitoba, contributed to the community, and other awards and honours they have received.
- Professional Achievement: Please describe the nominee's displayed leadership, including how they have shown how they are at the top of their field, and been recognized by their professional community.
- Community Service: Please describe the nominee’s efforts to impact, inspire and contribute to others in the community outside of their professional role.
- Outstanding Young Alumni: Please describe the nominee’s achievements in their field, impact on the community, and service to the University of Manitoba, emphasizing what makes them exceptional as a young alumni.
Please write this before beginning your submission, and save it to a file that you can use to copy and paste it into the form.
Submit your nomination
Your personal information is being collected under the authority of The University of Manitoba Act. The information you provide will be used by the University for the purpose of updating your contact information with Alumni Relations and/or Donor Relations. Your personal information will not be used or disclosed for other purposes, unless permitted by The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA). If you have any questions about the collection of your personal information, contact the Access and Privacy Office (tel. 204-474-9462), 233 Elizabeth Dafoe Library, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, R3T 2N2. Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation The new Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation took effect on July 1, 2014 and we are now required to ask you for your consent to allow us to send you email messages that are considered commercial in nature. By agreeing, you will be giving the University permission to send you emails that may be commercial in nature, such as sales and discounts, paid events and benefits and services that you may have access to with our preferential partners. The University of Manitoba values your trust and we are committed to the privacy of your personal information. We do not share, rent or sell your information, and you can unsubscribe from university mailings at any time by contacting Alumni Relations by email. You can also call 1-204-474-9946, or toll-free 1-800-668-4908, and we would be happy to assist you. For more information on the how your information will be used, please click here.