Submit your DAA nomination
Do you know a UM graduate who has achieved outstanding accomplishments in their professional and personal lives? Nominate them for a Distinguished Alumni Award.
For more information, please contact Roslyn Dally by email at Roslyn.Dally@umanitoba.ca
Gather the following nomination package requirements:
About your nominee
- Contact information for your nominee, including their name, address, email, phone number.
- Your nominee's University of Manitoba degree(s), diploma(s), and certificate(s).
- Your nominee's degree(s) obtained at other universities.
- Your contact information, including your name, address, email, and phone number.
- Your relationship to the nominee.
- Contact information for two references for your nominee, including their name, email, phone number, and relationship to the nominee.
- Two letters of reference for your nominee from two separate individuals other than the nominator or their immediate family members.
- Each reference letter should have 1-inch margins, font size no smaller than 10 pt, and be typed on the reference’s personal or organizational letterhead to be uploaded in .docx or .pdf format.
Your nomination write-upPlease prepare a write-up not exceeding 600 words for each category you intend to nominate someone. Tip: Please write your write-up and save it to a file before beginning your submission. Then copy and paste it into the form.
Lifetime Achievement Category
- Please describe the nominee’s exceptional achievements and leadership in their field throughout their lifetime and how they continue to make significant and transformative contributions to their profession, community and service to UM as an alum, highlighting other awards and honours they have received.
Professional Achievement Category
- Please describe the nominee's outstanding and transformative professional achievements and exceptional leadership that demonstrates how they have reached the pinnacle of or at the top of their career, a standard of professional excellence throughout their career that has inspired their colleagues and peers, and how they have been recognized by their professional community.
Academic Innovation Category
- Please describe the nominee’s innovation and research achievements and excellence in academia that have had a major, transformative impact on the community and society to help make for a better world.
Community Service Category
- Please describe the nominee’s volunteer, charitable and nonpaid efforts to impact, inspire and contribute to others in the community. Define how this community service is clearly outside of or above and beyond their professional discipline.
Outstanding Young Alumni Category
- Please describe the nominee’s significant contributions and leadership to their field of endeavour, impact on the community, and service to the University of Manitoba as a student and as an alum, emphasizing what makes them exceptional as a young alumni (under the age of 35 before the close of nominations).
Additional Support Material
- Additional support material (i.e., CV, news articles, etc) of no more than 10 pages may be uploaded to complement the nomination.
Submit your nomination
Note: Your progress is saved in your browser unless you clear your cache or submit the form.
Fields marked with an * are required.
Your personal information is being collected under the authority of The University of Manitoba Act. The information you provide will be used by the University for the purpose of updating your contact information with Alumni Relations and/or Donor Relations. Your personal information will not be used or disclosed for other purposes, unless permitted by The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA). If you have any questions about the collection of your personal information, contact the Access and Privacy Office (tel. 204-474-9462), 233 Elizabeth Dafoe Library, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, R3T 2N2. Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation The new Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation took effect on July 1, 2014 and we are now required to ask you for your consent to allow us to send you email messages that are considered commercial in nature. By agreeing, you will be giving the University permission to send you emails that may be commercial in nature, such as sales and discounts, paid events and benefits and services that you may have access to with our preferential partners. The University of Manitoba values your trust and we are committed to the privacy of your personal information. We do not share, rent or sell your information, and you can unsubscribe from university mailings at any time by contacting Alumni Relations by email. You can also call 1-204-474-9946, or toll-free 1-800-668-4908, and we would be happy to assist you. For more information on the how your information will be used, please click here.